September 26, 2009 at Circus Square Park
Theme: One World, Many Faces
Shirt Design: Matthew Tullis & Tressa Tullis
Executive Director: Kim Mason
Board of Directors: Martha Deputy (President), Mark Bitterling (Vice-President/Volunteer Coordinator), Dr. Angela Jones (Secretary/Information Manager), Alan Palmer (Treasurer), Dr. Linda Pickle, Dr. Larry Cailluoet (Site Manager), Linda Rowland (Sponsorships)
Community Planners: Ronnie Jaggers (Pinatas), Susan Morris (Children’s Activities), Jean Arnold (Hospitality), Amy Milliken (Poster Contest), Joe Jackson, Delphine Burton (Merchandise)
- Performance: Bands, Dancers, Musicians, and performers of all types fill our stages and the park throughout the day.
- Free Activities & Demonstrations: Art workshops, games, passport program and many other free activities for all ages are found at the festival. Many vendors also provide exhibits, demonstrations and activities, some free of charge.
Related Events: Contests, workshops and other special events are planned throughout the year.
- Gallery Walk – Chair Andee Rudloff has arranged internationally themed exhibits throughout the downtown area from September 18-26, 2009 with special receptions on September 18, 2009 from 5-9pm.
- Poster Contest – Open to grades kindergarten thru college. Chair Amy Milliken. Entries are on display in the WC Courthouse in downtown Bowling Green mid September through mid October.
If you are interested in performing complete the online application at the bottom of any page of this website and your information will be retained for future consideration.
Visit our past schedules to get an idea of the type of performances we feature.
2009 Featured Performers & Demonstrators: Anna’s Greek Restaurant Bellydancers | Armin Hasanagic | Champion Martial Arts | Cheryl Pan | Cloud Tissa | Ta2 Latin Sound | Dance Arts Performance Troupe | Def Leprechaun | Filipino-American Association | Gary Cady | High Cross Society | Hope in Messiah Congregation | HuDost | Impromtu Dance | Johnny Thompson | Joe Marshall | KUD Zumbuli | The Molly Maguires | Rachana Pasupuleti | Regional Resource for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing | Sentou Dojo | Shamrock & Thistle Ceili | South of the Border | Watersprite | WKU Chinese Students and Scholars Association | WKU Vietnamese Student Association | Woodburn/Franklin Community Youth Group | Zingara
2009 Performance Schedule
- Diversity Stage: Hosts Wesley Willoughby, Joe Marshall & John M. Thompson
- 9:30 a.m. – 9:45 a.m. – Anna’s Greek Restaurant Belly Dancers – Belly Dance
- 9:50 a.m. – 10:35 a.m. – African Friends – Burundi Choir
- 10:40 a.m. – 11:10 a.m. – Gary Cady – Native American Dance, Storytelling & Flute
- 11:15 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. – Rachana Pasupuleti – Bharatnatyam, a classical Indian dance form
- 11:30 a.m. – 11:50 a.m. – Impromptu Dance – Belly Dance
- 11:55 a.m. – 12:50 a.m. – Def Leprechaun – Irish Pub Songs & Ballads
- 1:00 p.m.- 1:45 p.m.- Johnny Thompson – Musical Stylings From Around The World
- 1:45 p.m.- 2:10 p.m.- Zingara – Belly Dance
- 2:15 p.m.- 3:30 – Ta2 – Salsa
- 3:35 p.m. – 3:45 p.m.- Filipino-American Association – Pandanggo Sa Llaw Dance from the Phillipines
- 3:45 p.m.- 4:15 p.m.- Gary Cady – Native American Dance, Storytelling & Flute
- 4:15 p.m.- 4:30 p.m.- Rachana Pasupuleti – Bharatnatyam, a classical Indian dance form
- 4:30 p.m.- 5:15 p.m.- Cheryl Pan – Traditional Chinese Dance
- 5:30 p.m.- 7:00 p.m. HuDost – Alternative World & Eastern / Country Fusion
- World Stage: Host Armin Hasanagic
- 9:00 a.m. – 9:30 a.m. – Opening & Awards Ceremony – BGIF President Martha Deputy, Gallery Walk Award presented by Chair Andee Rudloff, Poster Contest Awards presented by Martha Deputy for Chair Amy Milliken.
- 9:30 a.m. – 10:00 a.m. – Hope in Messiah Congregation – Traditional Jewish Dance & Music
- 10:05 a.m. – 10:20 a.m. – Regional Resources for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing – Song in Sign Language
- 10:30 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. – Watersprite – Traditional English & Celtic
- 11:35 a.m. – 12:35 p.m.- Armin Hasanagic – Bosnian Traditional & Pop
- 12:40 p.m.- 12:50 p.m.- Filipino-American Association – Pandanggo Sa Llaw Dance from the Phillipines
- 12:55 p.m.- 1:40 p.m.- Woodburn/Franklin Community Youth Group – Music of Zimbabwe
- 1:45 p.m.- 2:00 p.m.- Rachana Pasupuleti – Bharatnatyam, a classical Indian dance form
- 2:10 p.m.- 3:10 p.m.- The Molly Maguires – Irish Folk
- 3:30 p.m.- 4:10 p.m.- South of the Border – Caribbean and South American Folk Acoustic Fusion
- 4:15 p.m.- 4:45 p.m.- Woodburn/Franklin Community Youth Group – Music of Zimbabwe
- 5:30 p.m.- 5:45 p.m.- Anna’s Greek Restaurant Belly Dancers – Belly Dance
- 5:45 p.m.- 6:15 p.m.- Gary Cady – Native American Dance, Storytelling & Flute
- 6:15 p.m.- 7:00 p.m. – Cloud Tissa – Urban AfroBeat / Reggae
- Heritage Performance Area: Host India Hooks, Big Fun Entertainment
- 9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.- Various Martial Arts and other types of demonstrations.
- 1:00 p.m.- 1:20 p.m.- KUD Zumbuli – Traditional Bosnian Dance
- 1:25 p.m.- 1:35 p.m.- WKU Chinese Students and Scholars Association – Chinese Traditional Songs
- 1:45 p.m.- 2:00 p.m.- WKU Vietnamese Student Association – Fashion Show
- 2:05 p.m.- 2:40 p.m.- Open Drum Circle
- 2:40 p.m.- 2:55 p.m.- WKU Indian Student Association – Traditional Songs and Dance
- 3:00 p.m.- 3:20 p.m. – Dance Arts Performance Troupe – Expressions of Unity
- 3:20 p.m.- 7:00 p.m. – Various Martial Arts and other types of demonstrations.
- Shamrock & Thistle Ceili in Celtic Nations: Host Steve Haynes
- 9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. – Open mic, informal jam sessions for Celtic performances and drummng with the High Cross Society.
- 1:00 p.m. – 1:45 p.m. – Watersprite
- 2:00 p.m. – 2:30 p.m. – Def Leprechaun
- 3:30 p.m. – 4:30 p.m. – The Molly Maguires
- 4:30 p.m. – 7:00 p.m. – Open mic, informal jam sessions for Celtic performances and drummng with the High Cross Society.
- In the Park Performances:
- Chiseled Features Studio – Children are invited to bust a beautiful handmade pinata by Ronnie Jaggers every hour on the hour
- Sentou Dojo – Demonstrations from the ancient culture of the Samurai Warrior class.
- Shaolin Kung Fu Center – Kung Fu demonstrations
- Champion Martial Arts Academy – Tae Kwon Do & ap Ki Do demonstrations
- September 2018
- August 2018
- June 2018
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- May 2017
- March 2017
- December 2016
- September 2016
- August 2016
- June 2016
- October 2015
- September 2015
- September 2014
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
- August 2010
- April 2010
- March 2010
- January 2010
- July 2009
- March 2009