September 27, 2008 at Circus Square Park
Theme: Love in Any Language
Shirt Design: Stacy Irvin
Executive Director: Kim Mason
Board of Directors: Martha Deputy (President), Dr. Larry Cailluoet (Vice-President/Site Manager), Dr. Angela Jones (Secretary/Information Manager), Alan Palmer (Treasurer), Dr. Linda Pickle (Volunteer Coordinator), Hannah Lawrence Barahona (Volunteer Coordinator), Linda Rowland (Sponsorships), Mark Bitterling, India Hooks
Community Planners: Ronnie Jaggers (Pinatas), Susan Morris (Children’s Activities), Jean Arnold (Hospitality), Amy Milliken (Poster Contest), Joe Jackson, Delphine Burton (Merchandise), Andee Rudloff (Gallery Walk)
Related Events: Contests, workshops and other special events are planned throughout the year.
- Gallery Walk – Chair Andee Rudloff has arranged internationally themed exhibits throughout the downtown area from September 19-27, 2008 with special receptions on September 19, 2008 from 5-9pm.
- Poster Contest – Open to grades kindergarten thru college. Chair Amy Milliken. Entries are on display in the WC Courthouse in downtown Bowling Green mid September through mid October.
2008 Featured Performers & Demonstrators: Alma Gitana | Andalusian de Mythos | Armin Hasanagic | Bury the Hatchet | Shamrock & Thistle Ceili | Champion Martial Arts | Dance Arts of BG | Def Leprechaun | Gary Cady | High Cross Society | Hope in Messiah Congregation | HuDost | Impromtu Dance | International Center | Lee Art | Lotus Dancers | Sentou Dojo | Shadowdancer | Shaolin Kung Fu Center | SKY Japanese Association | South of the Border
2008 Performance Schedule:
- Diversity Stage: Host Joe Marshall
- 10:30 a.m. – 11:00 a.m. – Opening & Awards Ceremony – BGIF President Martha Deputy, Gallery Walk Award presented by Chair Andee Rudloff, Poster Contest Awards presented by Hannah Lawrence Barahona for Chair Amy Milliken.
- 11:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. – Gary Cady – Native American Dance, Storytelling & Flute
- 11:30 a.m. – 11:45 a.m. – Impromptu Dance – Tango
- 11:45 a.m. – 12:45 p.m. – Shadowdancer – Traditional & Original Celtic
- 12:45 p.m. – 1:15 p.m. – Gary Cady – Native American Dance, Storytelling & Flute
- 1:15 p.m. – 1:30 p.m.- Impromptu Dance – Folkloric and Fusion Belly Dance
- 1:30 p.m. – 3:00 p.m. – HuDost – Country and Eastern Fusion / Alternative World
- 3:00 p.m. – 3:15 p.m. – High Cross Society – Grand Kilt Folding
- 3:15 p.m. – 3:45 p.m. – Lotus Dancers – Folkloric Dance
- 3:45 p.m. – 4:15 p.m. – Drum Circle hosted by High Cross Society
- 4:15 p.m. – 5:00 p.m. – Alma Gitana – Flamenco Fusion
- 5:00 p.m. – 5:15 p.m.- WKU Chinese Student Association – Traditional Chinese Song & Dance
- 5:15 p.m. – 6:00 p.m. – Alma Gitana – Flamenco Fusion
- 6:15 p.m. – 6:45 p.m. – WKU Department of Theatre & Dance
- 6:45 p.m. – 7:00 p.m. – Latino Flavor – Salsa, Merengue & Reggaeton Dance
- World Stage: Host Armin Hasanagic
- 11:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. – Hope in Messiah Congregation – Traditional Jewish Dance & Music
- 11:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. – BG Vietnamese Community – Fashion Show, Dragon Dance
- 12:00 p.m. – 1:00 p.m. – Armin Hasanagic – Bosnian Traditional, Pop and Originals.
- 1:00 p.m. – 1:15 p.m. – Vietnamese Student Association – Fashion Show
- 1:15 p.m. – 2:15 p.m. – Molly Maguires – Irish Folk Rock
- 2:15 p.m. – 2:45 p.m. – Dance Arts of BG – Traditional Dance
- 2:45 p.m. – 3:30 p.m. – South of the Border – Latin Traditional and Original Songs
- 3:30 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. – KUD Zumbuli – Traditional Bosnian Dance
- 4:00 p.m. – 4:30 p.m. – Japanese Association – Traditional Japanese Dance
- 4:30 p.m. – 5:00 p.m. – Gary Cady – Native American Dance, Storytelling & Flute
- 5:15 p.m. – 5:45 p.m. – Hope in Messiah Congregation – Traditional Jewish Dance & Music
- 6:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m. – Def Leprechaun – Irish Pub & Traditional Songs
- In the Park Performances:
- Chiseled Features Studio – Children are invited to bust a beautiful handmade pinata by Ronnie Jaggers every hour on the hour
- Shamrock & Thistle Ceili at the Ireland Tent – Informal jam session and open mic for Celtic performances. A few of the artists participating include: The Molly Maguires, Members of the High Cross Society, Def Leprechaun, Shadowdancers, Forest Borders II, Johnny M. Thompson & more.
- Andalusian de Mythos – The horse of Kings for centuries and the first to come to the Americas will perform tricks.
- Bury The Hatchet – Native American storytelling and demonstrations
- Champion Martial Arts Academy – Tae Kwon Do & ap Ki Do demonstrations
- High Cross Society – Celtic drums and kilt folding
- International Center – Burundi drums
- Lee Art – Woodcarving demonstrations and bead jewelry making.
- Lotus Dancers – Folkloric Dance
- Sentou Dojo – Demonstrations from the ancient culture of the Samurai Warrior class.
- Shaolin Kung Fu Center – Kung Fu demonstrations
- World Champion Karate – Karate demonstrations and lessons as well as self defense demonstrations and lessons. Festival goers get a chance to break a board.
- WKU Korean Student Association – Traditional Korean drumming