We appreciate cooperation and patience from our patrons and participants as we work through new safety and operational procedures.
While outdoor events are considered low risk, public health experts advise that older adults and people with underlying medical conditions should continue to avoid any in-person gatherings. Infected people can show no symptoms, therefore any public interaction, including this event, poses a risk of being exposed to COVID-19 or one of its variants. Guests should evaluate their risk in determining whether to attend.` Visit the CDC and Kentucky Public Health websites for more information.
- Do not come to the event if you have any symptoms or have recently been exposed. Recognize symptoms and risk factors in determining whether to attend.
- BGIF will offer flexible refund policies for tickets and fees to anyone unable to attend due to infection or exposure as well as in case of event cancellation due to the pandemic.
- We recommend you purchase your tickets in advance online where they will be half the cost. Attendance will be limited to 60% of the park capacity and ticket holders will be given priority if it becomes necessary to close the gates temporarily to hold down crowd size. Online tickets can be refunded until September 24 at midnight.
- We strongly recommend masks for those in close quarters inside a tent or trailer. Masks will be available for anyone wishing to use one.
- Keep at least 6 feet between yourself and others.
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water for a minimum of 20 seconds or alcohol based hand rub with 60-95% alcohol. There will be hand washing stations near each restroom in the park and sanitizer available at every BGIF run booth (those with banners depicting our logo).
- Always cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze or use the inside of your elbow and throw used tissues in the trash.
- BGIF run booths and stage areas will be decontaminated with an EPA-approved sanitizer at regular intervals.
- Vendor booths will be reduced to allow for social distancing and advance payments are encouraged to avoid longer waits in line during check-in.
The Festival site layout will be modified including:
- A reduction in vendor spaces to allow for social distancing.
- Seating will be adjusted in the stage and dining areas to allow for social distancing.