September 24, 2005 at Fountain Square Park
Theme: Dance, Dance, Dance
Shirt Design: Diane Howerton
Executive Director: Kim Mason
Board of Directors: Linda Rowland (President), Dr. Larry Caillouet (Vice President of Policy). India Hooks (Vice President of Finance), Dr. Chris Antonsen (Secretary), Mark Bitterling (Treasurer), Michael O. Buchanan, Martha Deputy, Dr. Marilyn Gardner, Hannah Lawrence, Ken Meredith, Alan Palmer, Donna Renaud, Kelly Thompson, Jr.
Community Planners: Ronnie Jaggers (Pinatas), Susan Morris (Children’s Activities), Jean Arnold (Parade), Amy Milliken (Poster Contest), Joe Jackson, Delphine Burton (Merchandise), Andee Rudloff (Gallery Walk), Linda Rowland (Site Management), Rebecca Chaney, Ricardo Gomez, Susan Goulartes, Hannah Lawrence (Volunteers)
The BG International Festival Gallery Walk: The gallery walk will include various local businesses showcasing special exhibits in support the festival. All exhibits are on display September 16-24, some continue longer. Receptions will be held at all participating venues on Friday September 16, 5:00 p.m.-9:00 p.m.
- Memphis Marsha’s – Home And Abroad! – Featuring the work of Michaele Ann Harper, Marsha Heidbrink, & Susan Stuckert.
- Lot 916 – theme to be announced
- The Place – Woodcarver Willie Rascoe
- Brickyard – Erin Potzick
- Capitol Arts Center – New American Matriarchs by laura Ospital – Photo essay entitled “New American Matriarchs” by Laura Ospital. It will be in the Mezzanine Gallery.
- Spirit of Hope Lutheran Church – Silk Paintings by the BG International Center
- Spencer’s Coffeehouse
Friday September 9, 2005
- Free Kung Fu demonstration & lesson 8:00 p.m. by East/West Kung Fu Academy
- Free Belly Dancing demonstration and lesson 10:00 p.m. by the Lotus Dancers
- Max the Scottish Magician & Project Noah 7:30 p.m.-10:30 p.m.
- Society for Creative Anachronism Fighters throughout the night.
- Proceeds benefit the BG International Festival
- Tickets $5 (6-9 or 9-12) & $9 (6-12) price includes regular skate rental.
- Live Entertainment • Skating Games • Midway Games • Prizes • Pinata • International Finger Foods in the snack bar
2005 Performers: African Culture University Drums and Dance • Armin Hasanagic • Beth Sar Shalom Musicians & Dancers • Bowling Green International Center Talent Show • Bowling Green Vietnamese-American Community • Bosnian Club Traditional Musicians & Kolo Dancers • Chiseled Features • Dance Arts Kids Performance Troupe • Dance With Us • David Owens • Djembefole • Fire & Strings • Nashville Chinese Culture Club • High Cross Society • Kala Nivedanam • Kalor • The Lotus Dancers • Mandorico • Marc Michael • Joe Marshall • Mirzet Mustafic • Open Multicultural Drum Circle • Pacific Expressions • Regional Resource Center for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Signing Program • Andee Rudloff • Scott-Ellis School of Irish Dance • Shadowdancer • Shaolin Kung Fu Center • Small World Singers • Society for Creative Anachronism Fighters • Southern Kentucky Japanese Association • St. Matthew’s School of Dance • Tango Nashville • Tom Pardue’s East/West Kung Fu • Wah Lum Kung Fu • Troupe Jaha • Willie Rascoe Woodworking Workshops
Special thanks to: Site Manager Linda Rowland • Site Coordinator Dr. Larry Caillouet • Assistant Site Coordinator Dr. Chris Antonsen • Hospitality Coordinator Donna Renaud • Drums Facilitator Bob Payne • World Stage MC/Stage Manager Armin Hasanagic • Heritage Stage MC Luis Llontop • Heritage Stage Manager David Dorris • Diversity Stage MC Joe Marshall • Diversity Stage Manager David Dorris • Global Performance Area MC/Stage Management Prolific Productions
2005 Free Demonstrations
The following artists will be available throughout the day at their booths.Pinata Bursts: Each hour gather round for a crack at one of our festival pinatas, beautifully detailed by Chiseled Features sculpture Ronnie Jaggers.Woodworking Workshops with Willie Rascoe: Meet the artists and learn some of his techniques for turning driftwood into art.Mirzet Mustafic Mural Art: Visit the Bosnian Clubs display area and add your strokes to Mirzets painting of Bosnian landmarks. Multicultural Drum Circles with facilitator Bob Payne.
Anyone is welcome to join the 5th annual chess tournament sponsored by the BG International Center. 2004 Chess