September 25, 2005 at Fountain Square Park
Theme: Year of the Mask
Shirt Design: Diane Howerton
Executive Director: Kim Mason
Board of Directors: Linda Rowland (President), Mark Bitterling (Vice-President), Dr. Angela Jones (Secretary/Information Manager), Alan Palmer (Treasurer), Kim Wagner, Martha Deputy, Dr. Larry Cailluoet, India Hooks, Chris Antonsen
Community Planners: Ronnie Jaggers (Pinatas), Susan Morris (Children’s Activities), Jean Arnold (Hospitality), Amy Milliken (Poster Contest), Joe Jackson, Delphine Burton (Merchandise), Andee Rudloff (Gallery Walk)
The BG International Festival Gallery Walk: The gallery walk will include various local businesses showcasing special exhibits in support the festival. All exhibits are on display September 16-24, some continue longer. Receptions will be held at all participating venues on Friday September 16, 5:00 p.m.-9:00 p.m.
- Memphis Marsha’s – Home And Abroad! – Featuring the work of Michaele Ann Harper, Marsha Heidbrink, & Susan Stuckert.
- Lot 916 – theme to be announced
- The Place – Woodcarver Willie Rascoe
- Brickyard – Erin Potzick
- Capitol Arts Center – New American Matriarchs by laura Ospital – Photo essay entitled “New American Matriarchs” by Laura Ospital. It will be in the Mezzanine Gallery.
- Spirit of Hope Lutheran Church – Silk Paintings by the BG International Center
- Spencer’s Coffeehouse
Friday September 9, 2005
- Free Kung Fu demonstration & lesson 8:00 p.m. by East/West Kung Fu Academy
- Free Belly Dancing demonstration and lesson 10:00 p.m. by the Lotus Dancers
- Max the Scottish Magician & Project Noah 7:30 p.m.-10:30 p.m.
- Society for Creative Anachronism Fighters throughout the night.
- Proceeds benefit the BG International Festival
- Tickets $5 (6-9 or 9-12) & $9 (6-12) price includes regular skate rental.
- Live Entertainment • Skating Games • Midway Games • Prizes • Pinata • International Finger Foods in the snack bar
2005 Performers: African Culture University Drums and Dance • Armin Hasanagic • Beth Sar Shalom Musicians & Dancers • Bowling Green International Center Talent Show • Bowling Green Vietnamese-American Community • Bosnian Club Traditional Musicians & Kolo Dancers • Chiseled Features • Dance Arts Kids Performance Troupe • Dance With Us • David Owens • Djembefole • Fire & Strings • Nashville Chinese Culture Club • High Cross Society • Kala Nivedanam • Kalor • The Lotus Dancers • Mandorico • Marc Michael • Joe Marshall • Mirzet Mustafic • Open Multicultural Drum Circle • Pacific Expressions • Regional Resource Center for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Signing Program • Andee Rudloff • Scott-Ellis School of Irish Dance • Shadowdancer • Shaolin Kung Fu Center • Small World Singers • Society for Creative Anachronism Fighters • Southern Kentucky Japanese Association • St. Matthew’s School of Dance • Tango Nashville • Tom Pardue’s East/West Kung Fu • Wah Lum Kung Fu • Troupe Jaha • Willie Rascoe Woodworking Workshops
Special thanks to: Site Manager Linda Rowland • Site Coordinator Dr. Larry Caillouet • Assistant Site Coordinator Dr. Chris Antonsen • Hospitality Coordinator Donna Renaud • Drums Facilitator Bob Payne • World Stage MC/Stage Manager Armin Hasanagic • Heritage Stage MC Luis Llontop • Heritage Stage Manager David Dorris • Diversity Stage MC Joe Marshall • Diversity Stage Manager David Dorris • Global Performance Area MC/Stage Management Prolific Productions
2005 Free Demonstrations
The following artists will be available throughout the day at their booths.Pinata Bursts: Each hour gather round for a crack at one of our festival pinatas, beautifully detailed by Chiseled Features sculpture Ronnie Jaggers.Woodworking Workshops with Willie Rascoe: Meet the artists and learn some of his techniques for turning driftwood into art.Mirzet Mustafic Mural Art: Visit the Bosnian Clubs display area and add your strokes to Mirzets painting of Bosnian landmarks.